Raising funds for hospice care
So far Your Hospice Lottery has raised over £9 million for hospice care through our weekly lottery draw.
For only £1 per weekly play, our lottery members are making a difference to the lives of the people affected by life limiting and life threatening conditions.
Your Hospice Lottery is owned and run by St Helena Hospice in Colchester, so we really understand how important it is to fundraise to make sure patients and their loved ones continue to receive the best hospice care possible, free of charge.
In July 2018 we were recognised on a national level for our lottery services by winning a National Fundraising Award for Most Innovative Fundraising Campaign.
To keep overheads and costs to a minimum, the lottery team also works with other hospices to raise money to support people in need of hospice services in their communities, but our members choose which hospice they wish to support with their membership:
- Arthur Rank Hospice Charity, Cambridgeshire
- Cransley Hospice, North Northamptonshire
- Cynthia Spencer Hospice, Northampton and South Northamptonshire
- John Taylor Hospice, Birmingham
- KEMP Hospice, Worcestershire
- Noah's Ark Children's Hospice, supporting children and families in North London
- Nottinghamshire Hospice, Nottinghamshire
- Salisbury Hospice Charity, Salisbury and surrounding area
- St Helena Hospice, North-East Essex and Colne Valley
- The Friends of the Wisdom Hospice, Medway and Swale areas of Kent
- The J’s Hospice, supporting young adults across Essex
St Helena Hospice receives a small income towards hospice care from each membership for administering the lottery.
Your Hospice Lottery provides a valuable regular income to help run each hospice and we could not do this without our loyal members.
We have fundraisers who represent Your Hospice Lottery, by asking the community to play our lottery in support of hospice care, and they are paid to do so from a small budget specifically allocated for this purpose.