Hospices on average receive 34% of their funding from the government, but the actual statutory figure varies across the country. It is the generosity of their supporters and the communities they serve that makes the difference to help hospices continue to provide care for patients and support for loved ones.
Your Hospice Lottery provides a valuable, regular income to help run each hospice and we could not do this without our loyal players.
Click the Hospices tab to watch a short video about each hospice and meet some of the people involved.
Here are the Hospices we run the lottery for:
- Arthur Rank Hospice Charity needs to secure £8.1 million every year to deliver its services free of charge to patients and their loved ones
- Cransley Hospice aims to raise an extra £1.4 million per year via charitable donations and fundraising
- Cynthia Spencer Hospice needs to raise over £1,060,000 this year via donations and fundraising to fund care staff and increase Hospice at Home services
- Halton Haven Hospice needs to raise £3,400 a day to meet its funding needs
- John Taylor Hospice needs to raise £570,000 from public donations this year
- KEMP Hospice costs £940,000 per year to run, relying on the good nature of the local community to raise over two thirds of this amount.
- Noah's Ark Children's Hospice needs to raise £1.7 million each year to support children and families in North London
- Nottinghamshire Hospice needs to raise £3 million a year to deliver their current services
- Salisbury Hospice Charity costs over £2.3 million to run annually, relying on raising £1.5million through fundraising
- The yearly cost of services at St Helena is around £8.9 million. Around two thirds is raised through the support of people like you, which equates to around £5.8million a year
- The Friends of the Wisdom Hospice supports The Wisdom Hospice in Rochester, Kent with an annual grant of £645,000
- The J's Hospice, which supports young adults age 16-40 across Essex, has annual running cots of £800,000 year and 70% of this comes from fundraising
- Weldmar Hospicecare needs to raise over £18,000 every single day to keep their services running