What information do we collect?
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you. For example, it can include information such as your name, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone number, fax number and credit/debit card details, as well as information relating to your health.
We collect personal information when you contact us, join our lottery or otherwise give us personal information. For non-personal information such as IP address (the location of the computer on the internet) and cookies, please see below.
How do we use your information?
We use your information in the ways set out below unless you are specifically notified otherwise.
- We use your personal information to give you the information, support, services, or products you ask for.
- We may also use your information for administrative purposes, to let you know about changes to our services or policies, to create a profile of your interests and preferences and, if you agree, we may also use your information to send you communications about our work and the work of our hospice partners and how you can help them to help you, for example, information about their campaigns, volunteering and fundraising activities.
- We will not sell to or swap your details with any third parties but we may sometimes share your information with our trusted service providers who are authorised to act on our behalf. In these circumstances we always require strict compliance with our instructions and, in the case of third party organisations, require that your personal information is not used for their own business purposes.
- We will always seek your consent to the use of your personal information by giving you the option to say ‘no’ to its use. In the case of sensitive personal information, we will ask you to indicate your express consent in allowing us to use it, which may involve one of the following methods: giving us your permission verbally; ticking a box; clicking an icon; sending an email; submitting a form; or subscribing to a service. When we seek your consent to using your personal information, we will tell you what we want to use it for and, other than as described in this policy, we won’t use it for any other purpose.
- Your Hospice Lottery is responsible for collecting your personal information. Any information we collect is stored and processed in the UK. Other than as set out in this policy or as required by law, your personal information is not shared with third parties or used in any other way unless you agree.
When we collect your personal information we use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access. However, no data transmission over the internet is 100% secure. As a result, while we try to protect your personal information, Your Hospice Lottery (St Helena Hospice) cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
Your Hospice Lottery website may include links to other sites, not owned or managed by us. We cannot be held responsible for the privacy of information collected by websites not managed by us.
If you're 16 or under In some circumstances we may need to know if you are aged 16 or under and may refuse certain services or refuse certain services unless we have your parent/guardian’s permission.
Accessing and updating your personal information You can ask us what information we hold about you by contacting us at email@example.com or call 0800 285 1390. Equally, please keep your information up to date by letting us know of any changes at the above address.
This policy was last updated February 2016.